Product Website: Click here for product website
Product Brochure: Click here to download
CCM 8 L Compact Microphone, Figure 8
Model Number: SCH-121105
Brand: Schoeps Mikrofone
$2,813.64 (Ex GST)
$3,095.00 (Inc GST)
The inherent qualities of a pure pressure-gradient transducer are readily observed in this capsule type:
• Its sensitivity decreases at low frequencies.
• The directional characteristic is extraordinarily independent of frequency.
• Proximity effect is present.
The directivity index of a figure-8 pattern is the same as that of a cardioid; if microphones with these two patterns are placed at the same distance from a sound source, a quantitatively similar balance of direct and reverberant sound would be picked up. In practice such a comparison would be deceptive, however, since a figure-8 does not respond to sound coming from the sides, from above or from beneath its main axis as does a cardioid. The figure-8 has a rear lobe equal in sensitivity to its front lobe, and this exactly makes up the quantitative difference – but in normally reverberant settings, the sound reaching a figure-8's rear lobe will be delayed and dispersed to a considerably greater extent than the reverberant sound energy which a cardioid picks up from its front and sides; the reflected sound will typically be subject to far more high frequency absorption as well. Thus the reverberant sound energy picked up by a figure-8, though theoretically equal in amount, is quite different in character from that which would be picked up by a cardioid in the same position.
The sound quality of the CCM/MK 8 is clear and neutral.
• pure pressure-gradient transducer
• figure-8 pattern with near-ideal consistency across the frequency range
• side-addressed (pickup perpendicular to the microphone body)
• optimal for use in MS, Double MS and Blumlein stereo recording
Stock: Call for ETA
Category: Broadcast Audio